Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Cut beef across grain into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown.
- Stir in 1 cup of the stock and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining broth into flour; stir into beef mixture.
- Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Lower temperature. Keep warm until ready.
- Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil).
- Serve over noodles.