Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2 lbs of True Cod
- 1 lb of potatoes
- 1 white onion
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Dried Asian Mushrooms
- Soak the dried mushroom per the instructions on the bag.
- Peel and boil the potatoes.
- Microwave the cod in a closed pirex container for 5 minutes.
- In your food processor, corsely chop the cilantro, mushrooms and onion.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix in the onion, cilantro and mushroom mixture.
- Mix in the garlic.
- Flake the cod and let cool.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk.
- Mix the pototoes into the eggy mixture.
- Mix the cod into the cake base.
- Mix the corn meal into the egg base.
- Adjust the texture with milk/water or dried potato flakes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place a portion on waxed paper to prepare for cooking.
- Dust the cakes with a little flour.
- Using a large skillet, fry the cakes in a 2-3mm depth of oil.
- Serve immediately with Nuoc Mam or your favourite dipping sauce.